You know photobombing, when a random stranger hijacks your family photo? Well now you can do that with Facebook Pages.
Starting today, Facebook Page posts might be seen by fans of similar Pages simply by tagging those Pages in the post.
Andrew Song, a Product Manager at Facebook writes:
When a Page tags another Page, we may show the post to some of the people who like or follow the tagged Page.
Tagging other pages does not guarantee exposure to those fans. The News Feed algorithm considers several factors:
- Posts are getting the most engagement.
- Which users have engaged with similar topics.
- Posts are getting the most engagement from people who like both Pages.
- Relevant topics the Pages share.
- The degree of overlap within the fanbase.
Sidenote: Pages still can’t tag people in updates.