You can now promote a new post or a recent posts (published in the past 3 days) directly from your Page Timeline. Posts that can be promoted include status updates, photos, videos, events and milestones.
Promoted posts are labeled “sponsored” and show up in the news feeds of people who like your Page. When they interact with the post, they also show up to their friends. Promoted posts will not be shown in the right-hand column of Facebook.
Promoted Posts also appear in mobile News Feeds
Promoted post also show up in mobile News Feeds, which is huge considering the fact that over 450 million users access Facebook from their mobile device.
Price is dependent on number of fans to fyi.
How to promote a Page post from the sharing tool
- Create a post in your Page sharing tool (as shown above)
- Enter in your post details (write a status update or upload a video or photo)
- Click on the Promote drop-down button and set your desired budget (drop down options will vary depending on Page size). The budget you set is a lifetime budget and not a daily budget.
- Click Save.
How to promote promote existing posts
- Go to any post you’ve created in the past three.
- Click on the “Promote” button the bottom the post (as shown above)
- From the drop-down, set your budget based on how many people you want to reach.
- Click Save.
View Real-Time Analytics
You can also see real-time stats on how your ad is performing right under the post.