If you’re not following George Takei on Facebook, you need to!
He has one of the most successful Pages on Facebook, and just broke the “Facebook Page Sound Barrier”. Basically, this means that people talking about his page has exceeded the number of Page likes.
He’s done this by leveraging the viral nature of sharing exceptional content on Facebook. And his content is pretty amazing!
He does a lot of things right, including:
- He plays an edge. His bio says “Growing up in California, it was illegal for Asians to marry whites. How times have changed. I married a white DUDE. And an adorable one, too!”
- He shares primarily photos, which is the best type of content to share.
- He shares updates from fans.
- He asks for feedback and shares his experiments with fans.
- He’s allowed Facebook users the ability to tag his Page in their photos and videos.
- He takes a stand politically, which Facebook users love.
- He’s open about his personal struggles.
- He’s funny as all hell!
What do you think about George Takei on Facebook?