An easy way to stay on message with your nonprofit Facebook Page is to use a topic calendar for each day of the week.
For example, a local Goodwill store could post based on the following schedule:
- Monday – Fashion tips for work (get fans to share their tips as well)
- Tuesday – A photo of a featured item from the store (tell fans to share items with their friends)
- Wednesday – Discounts and other special offers for Facebook fans.
- Thursday – Feature a local business who’s giving back to the community.
- Friday – Show and tell. Get fans to post pictures of treasures they’ve purchased in the store. Have fans vote and pick a winner at the end of the day.
Before you start writing down topics for each day, make sure you’re clear about the mission of your Page.