Interests are user-curated topical lists comprised of People and/or Pages. For example, Mari Smith created a list called FACEBOOK Experts & Resources that includes 76 People and Pages that Mari has hand-picked.
How can take advantage of them?
- See if your organization or people has been added to any Interest Lists. For example, Animal Causes or Cancer Causes.
- Optimize your Facebook Page for search. Edit your About section and make sure it allows people to find your organization.
- Make sure your Page is in the right category. Facebook users will filter by Page category when looking for lists.
- Focus the topic of your content strategy. Go back to your organization’s messaging strategy and ask yourself if your Facebook stories are on topic. If your topic strategy is too broad, people won’t know what list to put you on. Instead become known for one the expert org on a specific topic.
- Share lists with your fans. Interest Lists are useful! Why not share them with your fans?!
- Promote Interest Lists you’ve been added to. Use email marketing, Facebook, and even your blog (if you have one) to promote the lists you’ve been added to.
- Pin lists you’ve been added to at the top of your Page.
- Make friends with curators. Go back and read Dale Carnagie.
- Tag other Pages your list on the so that more people can subscribe to it.
Categories: Get Fans